Become a member
If you or your family is interested in protecting the Coves Subwatershed, the best way to do that is to become Friends of the Coves Subwatershed.
- The satisfaction of supporting the protection of the Coves Environmentally Significant Area and the surrounding subwatershed
- An invitation to FOTCSI’s Annual General Meeting and eligibility to vote; invitation to other members-only events
- The opportunity to get involved in and/or give input on Friends of the Coves Subwatershed projects
- Invitation to take part in members-only discounts/opportunities, such as seasonal rain barrel and composter orders and special offers at local businesses*
- Receive The Oxbow newsletter (a colour publication with photos) in addition to the E-News & Events Updates sent out by email
- The opportunity to book a personal Green Garden Visit from FOTCSI staff to discuss changes that would make your property more ecologically sensitive (rain barrel, rain garden, composter, shade trees, native plants, etc.)
Ontario Grower's Supply: 10% off (with membership card) | Map
Springbank Garden Centre: 10% off (with membership card) | Map
Tuckey Home Hardware’s Garden Patio: 10% off (with membership card; only open seasonally) Map
Wild Birds Unlimited: 10% off of regularly-priced merchandise (with membership card) | Map
- Individual membership (one year) - $25
- Family membership (one year) - $35
- Lifetime Individual Membership** - $200
- Lifetime Family Membership** - $300
- Non-profit Organization Membership - $75
- Corporate Membership - $200
Mail or drop off membership fees (by cash or cheque) along with your name, mailing address, phone number and email address. Your contact information will only be used for FOTCSI membership communications; we respect your privacy and will not share your information with others.
Make cheques payable to Friends of the Coves Subwatershed Inc.
** LIFETIME MEMBERS will receive a complimentary Friends of the Coves canvas tote bag
Friends of the Coves canvas tote bags are
available for purchase at the office for $10
Friends of the Coves Subwatershed Inc. is a non-profit, charitable organization (#89976 0813 RR 0001) that gratefully appreciates all donations towards supporting our work to protect the Coves Environmentally Significant Area and the surrounding subwatershed.
Donations will help support expenses such as:
- purchasing trees and shrubs
- renting dumpsters and paying waste disposal fees
- producing display materials
- producing outreach literature (brochures, factsheets, bookmarks)
Donations by cash or cheque can be dropped off or sent to the FOTCSI office (111 Elmwood Ave. E, London, N6C 1J4).
Donations by credit card can be made at Canadahelps.org through the Donate Now tab to the left
Note - Friends of the Coves Subwatershed Inc. will issue tax receipts for charitable donations of $20 and up. Membership fees are not eligible for tax receipts.
We periodically have volunteer opportunities for individuals and groups, such as:
- Ecosystem Monitoring (ex. nestbox monitoring, bird counts, amphibian surveys)
- Rehabilitation Projects (ex. tree, shrub or wildflower planting, mulching, invasive species removal)
- Outreach/Administration (ex. design work for displays or outreach materials, staffing displays at community events, going door-to-door to spread awareness about the Coves and key issues, fundraising activities, envelope stuffing).
To get involved:
- Watch our Upcoming Events listing on this website
- Request our E-News & Events Updates HERE (sent monthly or bimonthly)
- Contact Us if you have a group of volunteers; opportunities suitable for groups are often available in Spring and Fall, contact us well in advance to schedule a dedicated group event